In this post we will make one of juicing recipes for kids: banana grass jelly juice. Who does not know the word sienchau grass jelly (hokkian gelatin or asian grass jelly). It is good for a juice ingredient especially in hot summer day, this grass jelly juice is the best choice of many people both in urban and rural, young and old, children or adults all love grass jelly juice, especially in east Asia, like china, Thailand, and my country Indonesia. Unfortunately this healthy traditional juice is starting rarely encountered, so it is a good holiday menu idea for your family especially your children. You can buy this grass jelly in the market, or you can make it by your hands. You can also make a creation of grass jelly ice by yourself so it is more enjoyable, or let your children to make it. The following juicing recipe for kids is a combination of grass jelly and banana as addition that will add to the delicacy of your seinchau grass jelly juice.
Juicing recipes for kids: banana grass jelly juice
- 1 liter coconut milk from 1 coconut
- 20 ml cat's claw leaf extract (or Suji leaf, I don’t know the best match for suji leaf in English. See more about: Pleomele angustifolia)
- 200 grams ripe banana, peeled, sliced 1 cm
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 200 grams of black Asian grass jelly, diced 2 centimeter
- Small Ice cubes to taste
- Boil coconut milk and cat's claw leaf extract over low heat. Stir slowly while boiling. Add banana slices.
- Boil banana in this sauce until getting wilt. Lift. Store in refrigerator until cool.
- Prepare 6 serving glasses add pieces of black Asian grass jelly, honey, and ice cubes. Pour with boiled coconut milk and add the banana slices.
- Serve when cool.
- Suji extract can be made from 15 pieces of suji leaf, blend together with 20 ml of water and filter, or you can utilize juice extractor. If you like, use coconut water as its solution.