In fact spinach does have high iron content when compared with other vegetables. Iron, a constituent of cytochrome (protein involved in photosynthesis) is very useful for people with anemia.
Spinach has high fiber content. Fiber in spinach regulates metabolism of carbohydrates in body that keep body's blood sugar levels after eating. Spinach also contains beta-carotene and vitamin C which is antioxidant. In addition, spinach also contains folic acid, iron and zinc.
Eating spinach regularly also prevents coronary heart disease. Choline and Inositol content in spinach can shed plaque accumulation in blood vessels, while lutein inside spinach has properties to prevent cataracts and decreased vision sharpness.
By combining spinach with honey and chicken egg yolk in the form of spinach juice, makes spinach more powerful for people with anemia. Here is how to make it:
- 1 bunch spinach leaf, washed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg yolk
- Enter the spinach into blender, puree juice and then filter.
- Pour filtered spinach juice into a glass and then add honey and egg yolk.
- Stir until the honey and egg yolk completely mixed.
- Spinach juice is ready to drink.
- This juice is taken only once a day for 7 days.